show contact information
Rudolf Gompper Memorial Lecture Will Be Awarded To Prof. Herges in 2019
Prof. Dr. Rainer Herges will hold the Rudolf-Gompper-Memorial-Lecture at the conference "Conjugated Oligomers And Polymers - New Horizons in Functional π-Systems" at Bad Honnef, Germany in May 2019.
Nozoe Lecture Will Be Awarded To Prof. Herges in 2019
Prof. Dr. Rainer Herges will hold the Nozoe Lecture at the International Symposium on Novel Aromatic Compounds (ISNA-18) at Sapporo, Japan in July 2019.
Invited Lectures 2018
- 08. Apr. New Adventures in Physical Organic Chemistry, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 25. Jun. Telluride Workshop, Molecular Rotors, Motors, Telluride, USA
- 01. Jul. International Conference on Physical Organic Chemistry, Faro, Portugal
- 05. Sep. Int. Symp. on the Synthesis and Application of Curved Organic π-Molecules, Oxford, UK
- 13. Sep. German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina, Halle, Germany
- 15. Oct. National Meeting of the Norwegian Chemical Society, Lillestrom, Norway
Invited Lectures 2017
- 06. Jan. Heterocyclic and Synthesis Group of the Royal Society of Chemistry, London, UK
- 04. Mar. International Winterschool on Electronic Properties of Novel Materials, Kirchberg, Austria
- 30. Mar. Molecular Rotors on Surfaces, Prague, Czech Republic
- 11. Jun. Gordon Conference on Molecular Switches and Motors, Holderness, USA
- 18. Jun. International Symposium on Reactiv Intermediates, Sorrent, Italy
- 23. Jul. International Symposium on Novel Aromatic Compounds, Stony Brook, USA
- 02. Aug. Int. Symp. on Dynamics and Intermediates of Molecular Transformations, Munich, Germany
- 03. Sep. European Symposium on Organic Reactivity, Durham, UK
Invited Lectures 2016
- 12. Jan. Sheffield Stereochemistry Lecture, Sheffield, UK
- 20. Jan. Beiersdorf, Applied Biophysics, Hamburg
- 30. März Paul Schleyer Memorial Symposium, Erlangen
- 11. April SFB 658 Symposium, Molecular Switches and Functional Interfaces, Berlin
- 18. April Fujiwara Seminar, Fukuoka, Japan
- 25. April Multi-Responsive Photochromes, Nantes, France
- 04. Juli International Conference on Physical Organic Chemistry, Sydney, Australia
- 10. Juli Heron Island Conference, Heron Island, Australia
- 19. Juli Telluride Workshop on Molecular Rotors, Telluride, USA
- 25. Juli Memorial University Student Summer Conference, St. John’s, Canada
- 02. Aug. Radicals in the Rockies, Telluride, USA
- 13. Sept. International Symposium CURO-pi, Eugene, USA
- 28. Sept. Photochemietagung der GDCh, Jena
- 05. Nov. International Symposium on Photochromism, Shanghai, China
Young entrepreneur Benjamin Sahlmann and his "infernal machine": The device with the affectionate nickname was custom-made to be used in our SFB's state-of-the-art research to switch electronic states in molecules.
photo © pur.pur
photo © pur.pur
Let There Be LED: Successful Spin-Off from SFB 677 and the Herges Group
Proper lighting is crucial for molecules to be operated like machines. Chemist Benjamin Sahlmann has acquired the necessary know-how - and builds his existence on it. His company Sahlmann Photochemical Solutions has been on the market for a year. Kieler Nachrichten recently published a detailed story on this successful spin-off from our SFB 677 and the Herges group.
show Unizeit (Kieler Nachrichten) (article in German)
Beilstein-TV Reports on "Record Player Molecules"
A new episode from Beilstein TV reports on the development of switchable contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the workgroup of Prof. R. Herges.
Beilstein-TV Reports on Molecular Switches from SFB 677
A new podcast from Beilstein TV reports on the design, synthesis and characterization of new molecular switches from the workgroup of Prof. Dr. R. Herges.
diploma, B.Sc. and M.Sc. Theses available on request